The AMS1117 devices are pin compatible with other three-terminal SCSI regulators and are offered in the low profile surface mount SOT-223 package, in the 8L SOIC package and in the TO-252 (DPAK) plastic package.
On-chip trimming adjusts the reference voltage to 1.5%. Current limit is set to minimize the stress under overload conditions on both the regulator and power source circuitry.
The AMS1117 series of adjustable and fixed regulators are easy to use and are protected against short circuit and thermal overloads. Thermal protection circuitry will shut-down the regulator should the junction temperature exceed 165°C at the sense point. Pin compatible with older three terminal adjustable regulators, these devices offer the advantage of a lower dropout voltage, more precise reference tolerance and improved reference stability with temperature.
FEATURES & APPLICATIONS
• Three Terminal Adjustable or Fixed Voltages*
• High Efficiency Linear Regulators 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 2.85V, 3.3V and 5.0V
• Post Regulators for Switching Supplies
• Output Current of 1A
• 5V to 3.3V Linear Regulator
Operates Down to 1V Dropout
• Battery Chargers
Regulation: 0.4% Max.
• Power Management for Notebook
• SOT-223, TO-252 and SO-8 package available